Friday, July 15, 2011

A sneak preview of my private line of nail polish

I have always been a creative person, and I always want to do something new and different. So, indulging in my love of polishes I thought- Why don't I create my own line of nail polish. I have often had a polish that I liked but thought, this would be even nicer if..... blah blah blah. So- I began scouring companies for raw ingredients, did some research on chemicals and formulas to try and make myself some polishes. And I started of being a kitchen chemist. I found myself knee deep... er make that shoulder deep in pigments and bases and amazing colours. How could I not want to share this? So, I have been formulating some colours, and putting together some seasonal collections, and I plan to launch my own line of nail polish when I have enough stock to supply at least the first collection.

I have not officially named the company yet, although I have ideas. However being a Libra, I am very indecisive. So I have decided to run a contest of sorts. I will be taking submissions to name the polish line/company and if I choose yours, you will receive a set of the first collection released. (and I am sure a few other goodies)
I will post when the contest is officially open, but you can post below, or email me now at pamsgirlybits@hotmail(dot)com if you have a suggestion, and I will bank it for the contest.
SO- on with the preview. These are just some that I have been working on lately. They are likely to be tweaked a bit yet before release, and they will not all be in the same collection. But I did want to share a little taste.

*** NOTE-The bottles shown are not the retail bottles. They are old polish bottles that I cleaned out and use for mixing and testing, so I don't waste the retail bottles ***



This one is a deep dusty blue with lots of gold and greenish shimmer.
She is un-named as of yet. I am always open to name suggestions too.




This one I have called Bollywood for now. She is a medium-light aqua colour with lots of gold shimmer/micro glitter. The pics show her to  be a little more blue than in real life. She is definitely aqua/very light turquoise.




Mint green with subtle silver shimmer. The first picture is the most colour accurate.
Again, un-named as of yet.






Look at that holo sparkle!

This one started out to be a dupe of OPI's My Private Jet. I have not decided if I should make it a little more charcoal/grey so it's closer to MPJ or keep it the way it is. Either way, she is a stunner. This is one coat over one coat of black polish.






This one is a lovely rosey pink colour, chock full of multi-coloured sparkles. There is blue, pink, yellow, orange, gold, purple, teal, you name it, its in there.



This one is a dusty blue-ish purple with blue and pink sparkles in it.






And last but not least, this is a shimmery grape purple holo. 
And it's a linear holo!
YAY for Holo!!  *\o/*


Ok, that's it for this post. I hope you are as excited for these as I am. And please let me know your thoughts on the colours, and ideas for names. Even if you think the colours are boring, let me know. I don't want to produce a bunch of colours that no one will love ♥

And yes, some of these pictures posted sideways. I will go fix them later :)








Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

29 comments:

  1. Omg I need all of these colors !!! very beautiful and I think they will compliment everyone's skintone !!! you are very talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks doll. :) Stay tuned for when they will be released ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look amazing I emailed you
    Jen @ Exotic Lacquer

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much? Would be my first question? I would love to buy nail polish by you as Neeka said she needs them all, so do I . Love these colors and if the price is right, I would buy them all, LOL beautiful colors, everyday you surprise me, gorgoeus colors.

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulosity! Congratulations on this exciting endeavor. I'm already a fan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors you have mixed up here! There are some absolute stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the support everyone. In answer to questions-

    @George- I have not set a price yet. I need to figure out the average cost to make them so at least I don't lose my shirt on released colours. I am thinking it will be somewhere in the $6 range.

    And thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow pam that is awesome!!! i particularly love the first one. how exciting! sorry i can't come up with any names right now but i will definitely put my thinking cap on! ♥ Margie/Shamisen

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I have been looking for new blogs to check out, and I am so excited that I've found yours! The aqua blue and black holo are beautiful! I can't wait to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I have always wanted to start my own polish line and never knew where to start. These colors are NICE! How do you even begin to know what to look for, like formulas and what not?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Margie. ♥ Keep me posted, and I will add your suggestions to the contest.

    Shawna-I am glad you found my blog too :) Thanks for the compliments. I love the aqua one as well ♥

    Beautifullupolishedup- Thank you so much, I am glad you like them. When I first started thinking about it, I was just frankening etc, and then I thought, if I can do this, why can't I just start from scratch? So I researched cosmetics suppliers on the internet and went from there. There is lots of info available in the net, you just have to dig really deep.

    ~pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOAH! All the colors are so gorgeous, I love all the shimmery-glittery-goodness. --Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them all! So beautiful!

    You have an award on my blog if you're interested! (link in my profile)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow i love your own line of polishes, esp the black holo
    new follower of yours btw, hope you do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks BC- I don't know which follower you are, because I can not view your profile. Please send me a message telling me which you are, or the URL to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those holos WILL be mine! Congratulations! I can already tell I'll be spending a lot with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much. I am quite excited myself. Stay tuned for when the collection in launched. Soon ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG so I think I need all of them! GAHH can't wait for these to be released!! Want SO BAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!! Congratulations on these beauties!!! :D *places thinking cap on for some names!*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous colors! Congrats and all the best with your new business!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know people dont like to give away their secrets, but will you please tell me where/how you got raw ingredients? Im really interested.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Anonymous

    Well, you are right- I don't particularly want to share 'secrets' That would sort of be shooting myself in the foot right? All I can tell you is do your homework and research as much as you can. There is lots of information available on line. I have had some hits and some misses in terms of ingredients, and since I have spent a lot of time and resources to find what works, and what doesn't, I have become somewhat protective of my findings. I am sorry if it seems unfriendly, I just have to consider my best interests. Thanks for checking out my blog, and for the comments. If there is something I can help you with other than than, please feel free to email me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL. I definitely don't think you seem unfriendly. I'm sure once I get to this point I will be the same way. I was just in need of some guidance and felt like I kept hitting a dead end. Every site I got to said, "mix chipped up pieces of eye shadow". Like, hello...that stealing and so far from being original. I think I'm finally on the right track though. HOPEFULLY! If you have any tips or advice you want to share please, please feel free to email me. adr0764@aol.com

    Anywhoo...I wish you nothing but success in your exciting new adventure. TTYL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com