Saturday, August 3, 2013

Guest Post Series; with Maggie's Manicures

 Today I am very excited to share with you, a post by Maggie, of MAGGIE'S MANICURES. I came upon Maggie's lovely swatches, and wonderful colour pairings on her INSTAGRAM FEED

She has also recently started a blog, and it's totally worth checking out.

Thank you Maggie, for the guest post today!

♥Pam♥ 

Hey everyone! I'm excited to be doing my very first guest post on Pam's blog! Today I have a really fun skittle mani for you.



I started off painting my base colors. I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on my index and ring fingers, Essie Bikini So Teeny on my middle finger, Zoya Shelby on my pinkie and China Glaze Tart-y For The Party on my thumb. I used two coats of each polish for the pictures below.





On my index and ring fingers I created a gradient by blending Bikini So Teeny, Tart-y For The Party and Shelby onto my nails using a makeup sponge. On my middle finger, I used the Saran Wrap technique to dab on Tart-y For The Party over the blue.




Starting with the index finger, I applied one coat of Hard Candy Black Tie Optional, a black and white glitter with multiple shapes and sizes.

On my middle finger, I made roses. Using a large dotting tool, I put big dots of Shelby on my nail. Then, I took my smallest dotting tool and made white swirls around the pink dots with My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Finally, I used the same small dotting tool to make the green leaves with Essie The More The Merrier.

On my ring finger I did leopard print. I used a medium dotting tool and put pink dots (I should say blobs instead of dots, the leopard print looks more realistic if the dots aren't perfectly circular) over the blue parts of the gradient and blue dots over the pink part of the gradient. Then, I took my smallest dotting tool and painted black brackets over the dots using Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris. I also filled in the spaces in between with more black spots and brackets.

On my pinkie I used a medium dotting tool, Bikini So Teeny and Tart-y For The Party to create alternating rows of polka dots.



Finally, I used my Kiss striper polish in white to create the lines on my thumb.




I finished off the manicure with one coat of Out The Door Topcoat. I had so much fun creating this look! I hope you guys like it, too.

Thanks everyone!
Maggie, from Maggie's Manicures
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

11 comments:

  1. unless i click on them - then the photo displays in a new window. lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know. I will look into that in the morning. Are you viewing on a tablet or a computer?

      Delete
  2. Ok I deleted them and re-upoaded them. I hope they are showing for everyone now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! What a fun manicure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is amazing ! Thanks for the ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This nail art is amazing and looking very fabulous. Windows 10 activator

    ReplyDelete
  6. all thing are amazing but this Sketch Crack new is also good for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. This paper content rich and colorful, adopt unique writing thinking.I think they will like to see this article.
    Microsoft office 2013 product key generator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a lot. I read every comment. If you have any questions or want me to check out your blog, please email me at info@girlybitspolish.com